Cutting rib radii

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Aug 7 07:15:01 MDT 2008

..."But the shape of the curve wont' be an arc"

???.......?been doing it that way for years. Hmm the pianos seem to work.? It may not be a perfect arch or radius but it's pretty d_ _ _ close.? Your eyes certainly can't tell the difference.? I know many who do it this way.??It is hard to cut short ribs this way however.

??Terry I like your last question.. What shape is optimal?...Answer... the one that sounds good or I dunno
? Dale

-

"...exactly the radii you want."?
?
I think "radii" implies a circle or an arc thereof. If you apply pressure to the mid-point of a board (or rib), the end portions will be near straight and the center area will have the most curve. Yes, you can produce the target "crown" measurement in the middle, but the shape of the curve will not be an arc.?
?
I guess then, the question might be: what shape rib is optimal??
?
Terry Farrell?
?
-----??