keytop planer

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 01:48:03 MDT 2008

At 22:22 -0700 8/8/08, Matthew Todd wrote:

>My guess is because the newer tops are thicker than the older ones,
>so you must plane off the keystick to make up for the difference :-).

Ah! So you remove wood from the top of the key in order to stick on
horrible thick shaped acrylic key-tops and make it impossible for
anyone later to make a proper job of it by recovering the keys
professionally, if I now understand the drift of the thread.

If you're not set up to recover keys in sheet plastic, then why not
send them to a firm that specializes in doing the job properly at a
reasonable price without ruining the keys?

JD