Tuning Pin and Coil Cleaner

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Sat Aug 9 06:42:26 MDT 2008

If the tuning pins are rusted and corroded, and the customer is concerned about the cosmetics, then yes, it is an issue!

  If it were my piano and I had an extra $50 or $100 to spend on it, and it was trashed, I definitely wouldn't get any regulation done.  Besides, that wouldn't cover much anyway!

  Back to my original post...I am getting together a full cleaning service for my customers who request it, and if you don't like the tuning pin/coil cleaner, then just say so.  With that said, what others ways are there to try and "liven" up the pinblock area?

  Thanks,

  Matthew

Farrell <mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
          I was thinking the same thing. Cosmetics can certainly be an issue for piano owners, but if the tuning pins are rusty and crusty and dirty, is the rest of the piano pretty darn trashed? I could see it if it were part of some large-scale cosmetic uplift for the piano, but to just focus on tuning pins - I don't get it.......

  If it were my piano and I had an extra $50 or $100 to spend on it, I'd have some regulation done......

  Terry Farrell