Napolean Piano

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Sun Aug 10 16:14:06 MDT 2008

Hello To All

Nicolas Blanchet began making harpsichords about
1686 in Paris.  His Great Grandson about 1808
employed one  Johannes  Roller ( a German)  and
started building pianos. They became exceptionally
prominent builders in Paris and won many awards.

    In 1818 Johannes Roller and Nicolas Blanchet
 formed a partnership. It would stand to reason that
the name was changed then to  "Roller & Blanchet".

   We find in 1820's  that this  company  was very
successful in building small  "Dog Kennel" pianos
with an opening in the lower center of the cabinet
usually  with  one pedal.

  In 1855  The  Great - Great-  Grandson,  P.A.C.
Blanchet,  of the founder  joined the firm.

   The time lines makes it possible for this Piano
to be the Napoleon piano.

   If I could see the action I may pin the time  closer.

Hope this helps,

Jack Wyatt
Dallas,

Read reviews on AOL Autos.