spinet drop action removal

davespianotuning davespianotuning at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 10 19:42:13 MDT 2008

Hi all:

I need to take an action out of a drop action spinet, however the key ends do not
have a slot to easily get the stickers off the keys.  The key ends have a hole the
sticker goes thru.  So this means unscreweing all the finger nuts?
Is there another way that I don't see ??  Has anyone seen a piano of this design
?  If I need to unscrew the finger nuts on all keys, does anyone have an estimate
of the time it would take to remove and re-install?  This is actually my first removal
of a drop action for me.

Thanks in advance
Dave