Napoleans Piano

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert at belgacom.net
Mon Aug 11 13:59:40 MDT 2008

Hi,

We have just the same Roller & Blanchet here at the Museum of Music
Instruments in Brussels. The case has been completely restored for
exebitions but it is not in playable condition.

These pianos can be opened in two parts as there is a hinge on one side. In
that way it is possible to reach the back of the action and the strings for
maintenance. Quite easy.

I know a few in playable condition but without the ornments and in walnut
veneer. One is from 1826. The action is verry fine and the sound is
pleasant.

One of the next pianos I have to restore is one like these.

In french we call these « niche de chien » or dog-kennel because of the big
and round opening it has on the bottom near the pedals.

Pierre Gevaert

  _____