Rates, etc

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Mon Aug 11 19:25:46 MDT 2008

Hello friends,

  I will be going to a new client in a few weeks.  They have an upright they will be selling, but a couple of the keys do not work.  So I will be going to repair them so she can sell it.

  When I go on a service call, I don't charge any less than my tuning fee.  My question is, what if the only problem with this pianos keys not working is a binding keyslip?  Would it be ethical to still charge my standard service call charge, whether I am there 5 minutes or one hour?

  Thanks,
  Matthew