Yamaha CF appraisal

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 07:13:45 MDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Farrell <mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> SOUNDBOARD:
>>

> Cracks aren't a major issue. Does the piano have a significant killer
> octave area?
>
> BRIDGES:  Excellent.
>>

> Really? Great if they are. No false beats?
>
> STATE OF TUNE:  10 cents flat.  This is a cause of concern, I'd think. What
>> with the DC and being tuned 30 or more times per year, I wonder WHY it would
>> go so flat?
>>

> That's easy to answer. Either the guy tunes it 10 cents flat regularly, the
> DC is not adequately sized and/or installed, and/or the piano has a major
> structural failure (hopefully not likely).
>
> I don't know much about values. Sorry.
>
> Terry Farrell
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "John Dorr" <a440 at bresnan.net>

I don't know much about value either but 10c flat wouldn't cause any
consternation on my radar. The guy may have tuned it that way last at the
request of the artist, his etd may have needed re-calibration or(my personal
suspicion) there is no undercover and the cover in place is a standard cover
allowing much of the treated air to escape! <g>

Mike

--
I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work.
Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com