Yamaha CF appraisal

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Aug 8 12:10:33 MDT 2008

> SOUNDBOARD:

Cracks aren't a major issue. Does the piano have a significant killer octave
area?

> BRIDGES:  Excellent.

Really? Great if they are. No false beats?

> STATE OF TUNE:  10 cents flat.  This is a cause of concern, I'd think.
> What with the DC and being tuned 30 or more times per year, I wonder WHY
> it would go so flat?

That's easy to answer. Either the guy tunes it 10 cents flat regularly, the
DC is not adequately sized and/or installed, and/or the piano has a major
structural failure (hopefully not likely).

I don't know much about values. Sorry.

Terry Farrell