OT - Prius mileage

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Aug 12 09:14:54 MDT 2008

Prius mileageNotice: I went OT with this thread. I know transportation is part of our business, but it seems clear to me that this thread has steered itself clear of any direct piano concerns......

Why? I don't get it. I've owned and driven a half-dozen 40 hp VW Beetles and several 60 - 72 hp Mercedes sedans. I don't think there are any cars on the road slower than either of these. I've never had need for any greater acceleration. I can go as fast as I want to on the freeway and pass anyone I wish ('course, I don't wish for much.....). I've also owned Corvettes, etc. and realized that no one NEEDS to go that fast.....

One of the very few things I don't like about my Prius is why the heck they made it so darn fast - this things zips here and there twice+ faster than anyone needs to!

:-)

Terry Farrell