Napoleans Piano

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Aug 12 13:49:21 MDT 2008

HI Pierre
  I tried to send this to you off list & it didn't got thru....so,
  Thank you so much for this reply.  Is there any chance you can take some pictures of it sometime & send them to me. Also do you know the age of the Museum piece.
  Kindest regards
  Dale Erwin

Hi,

We have just the same Roller & Blanchet here at the Museum of Music Instruments in Brussels. The case has been completely restored for exebitions but it is not in playable condition.

These pianos can be opened in two parts as there is a hinge on one side. In that way it is possible to reach the back of the action and the strings for maintenance. Quite easy.

I know a few in playable condition but without the ornments and in walnut veneer. One is from 1826. The action is verry fine20and the sound is pleasant.

One of the next pianos I have to restore is one like these.

In french we call these « niche de chien » or dog-kennel because of the big and round opening it has on the bottom near the pedals.

Pierre Gevaert

It's time to go back to school! Get the latest trends and gadgets that make the grade on AOL Shopping.