Essex Uprights

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Aug 13 08:56:43 MDT 2008

Contact any of the "All Steinway Schools" like Oberlin.  I think they have
some.   I haven't heard any great reviews of them, however....

Paul

Gregor _ <karlkaputt at hotmail.com>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
08/13/2008 09:42 AM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Essex Uprights

Nobody? Strange. So, here is my very little experience: The other day I
went in a piano store (without outing me as a piano tech) and played a
little bit. I think these pianos are too expensive and I was disappointed
of the sound. I sell Wendl & Lung (= Hailun, also Chinese made) in my shop
and the Wendl & Lung sound much better than the Essex. But I never tuned
an Essex and can´t say more about these instruments. Are they not made by
Pearl River? I wonder if Essex is identical to Pearl River or if there are
any Steinway modifications on it. I.e.: is Essex a normal Pearl River just
with another fallboard decal?

Gregor