Customer Complaint on Tuning (Farrell)

Arlie Rauch adarpub at midrivers.com
Fri Aug 15 11:08:04 MDT 2008

I've experienced that maybe two or three times in thirty years.  I
respect the customer's complaint because they hear what they hear
(sometimes I can also hear what they hear).  So I check out the notes
in question, etc.  If they are in fact right on, as has been the case
in these situations, I just tell the customer that is the best I can
do; my tests indicate that the piano is sounding as it should.  And
then I leave.  If the customer wants someone else to work on it next
time, that's just fine.

It does seem like it is usually a piano that was far off, so maybe
they learned to hear a certain interval ring a certain way, and that
sound is no longer there.  It seems like it is just one note or one
chord in one song that they think is off.  Maybe we could suggest
they learn a new song?  (just kidding)

Arlie Rauch