Customer Complaint on Tuning

RptBob1 at aol.com RptBob1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 15 13:37:07 MDT 2008

In a message dated 8/15/2008 12:02:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
piannaman at aol.com writes:

Just  a couple of ideas...

I wouldn't return all of her money.  But in  order to keep the peace, I'd
consider a 1/2 refund.  I have no doubt the  piano sounds as good or better than
ever, but you'll never persuade her of  that.

Or you could offer to go over and "retune" the piano the way it  was, give
her a -25c pitch adjustment and a refund....not the best choice, for  sure.

Refunding money would be admitting you did not do a good job in the first
place.  She will not be happy with any tuner, present or future, so do not
refund her money and  instead stick to your suggestion that she should find
someone else.  She won't be happy with them either.  Donot give her  any suggestion
as to who she should call next. Leave that to her devices.   Wash you hands
and walk away.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio

Read reviews on AOL Autos.