help a beginner measure mc in wood with confidence

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Aug 17 09:15:10 MDT 2008

Farrell wrote:
>>> Another is to build a direct reading MC gage with a strip of
>>> spruce and a cheap dial indicator. Even if you don't bother to
>>> try to calibrate it to any specific MC, it can still be used
>>> as an indicator of dimensional change with Terry's approach
>>> without having to haul the panel out to measure it.
>
> Or, if you make the face of your hot box your doors, there is no need to
> remove the panel to measure it - just open the door and slap the tape on
> it.

Some of us built a box that had to fit in a long existing shop
with no remaining wall space for such a thing, rather than
building a new shop around a new hot box. <G> Never mind the
floor space necessary for door clearance. I note from recent
photos that yours has diminished some since the first photos
of the box. <GG>

Whatever works.
Ron N