pvc-e?

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 11:51:56 MDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 7:50 AM, <jimialeggio5 at comcast.net> wrote:

> What's the minimum clamp time for pcv-e applying plastic keytops?
>
> The clamping I'm talking about is very light pressure, just enough to
> conform the plastic veneer to the wooden surface.
>
> My adhesion tests showed a rubbed joint to be comparable to a joint clamped
> overnight, but that's the case with most glues. Non-clamping assumes perfect
> mating surfaces ....hard for me to achieve consistently in real life.
>
> And what exactly is this stuff.  PVC-e doesn't even come up on any searches
> I've done. Latex? Acrylic? PVA?...naah
>

> --
> Jim Ialeggio
> www.grandpianosolutions.com
> Shirley, MA (978) 425-9026

If you apply the glue semi-generously it will "fill" any small
imperfections.

I have never clamped it.

Mike
--
I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work.
Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com