Soundboard question

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Aug 19 11:16:49 MDT 2008

I didnt say that was what compression set was. I said (in question
format) that it was my understanding that reduced reactiveness to RH
swings was one consequence of compression set. In any case, a controlled
compression set is certainly quite doable.

Cheers
RicB

    Why would forcing a controlled 25% compression set (even if it were
    possible) reduce the tendency for the board to expand and contract
    with humidity changes?  That's not what compression set is.

    David Love