Grand Jacks

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 12:27:24 MDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 6:53 PM, AlliedPianoCraft <
AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Alan, Steinway did refer to the jack as the "fly", but we always referred
> to the knuckle as the knuckle. Maybe they called it a roller in the very
> early years, but we always called it the knuckle in the 60's and 70's.
>
> Al Guecia

Actually the correct name for "jacks" is flyjacks although I haven't heard
it called that by too many people in many, many years.

Mike

--
I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work.
Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com