help a beginner measure mc in wood with confidence

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Aug 19 14:28:01 MDT 2008

> A question for Ron...in your tall skinny hotbox, what is
> your heat source and where is it located in the box. My box
> is similarly shaped, but I don't like putting the heat
> source at the obvious place, ie the bottom, right up close
> to the bottom of the board. -- Jim Ialeggio
> www.grandpianosolutions.com Shirley, MA (978) 425-9026

Hi Jim,
An oil filled radiator, lower rear. The panel sits on a false
floor with plenty of holes drilled through for air flow, and a
continuous duty centrifugal fan forces a counter flow down
through the radiator, and out under the panel, where it
circulates through the box and back to the fan. Quick and
dirty sketch below.

I threw this sketch together this morning literally on the way
out the door, and didn't realize how HUGE the file was until I
sent it. Hasn't showed up on list yet, but I'm back, so here's
a more sensibly sized (I hope) version.

Ron N