help a beginner measure mc in wood with confidence

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Tue Aug 19 19:40:23 MDT 2008

> 3-Hey Jude, the gizmo saves having to invest in highly accurate hygrometers (yeah, right) for your hot box. I've been burned enough times by fancy expensive measurement devices to return to my pre-industrial roots...just stick Ron's gizmo in with board and read the dial indicator.

Yep. I've got all the parts I just need to assemble and calibrate my Ronometer. I appreciate the advice on drying the wood because, as I recall, this thread began with the nature of the challenge of determining MC with the oven drying method, which is, afterall how the Ronometer is calibrated.  I figure the more devices and methods I have at my disposal, the better chance I'll have of eventually figuring out which one actually works.

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts
(978) 323-4545