Tuning stability and efficiency

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Aug 20 06:48:13 MDT 2008

This is how Steve Brady began with me...just unisons in the middle area.
No specific note, just pick some.  Then we went to setting the A-440, then
temperament (mid section muted out with temp. strip.) Then we worked
outward both ways a little at a time using two mutes, learning all the
checks and tricks along the way until I could tune the whole thing.  Then
I had a chart to tune 100 pianos there at UW and record what piano, how
long it took, etc. and he would go check them as I went. Every Friday was
"shop day" for all the other goodies.

Paul

jimialeggio5 at comcast.net
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
08/20/2008 07:40 AM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Tuning stability and efficiency

>When I went to school, we tuned unisons 1 hour a day for 3 months.   That
is
where you begin tuning, imho...