Center Pin

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Aug 21 12:26:49 MDT 2008

Matthew,

"Allowed" to save them?  I thought we were supposed to give the clients the old parts, like auto servicing places are supposed to do (at least, out here in L. A. ).  My favorite is handing them a zipper bag with the felt that came off their hammers.  But seriously, folks...

It is very rare that you can go down in pin size and still have the pin tight enough in the non-bushed (bare wood) component of the parts you are pinning together.  The only pins I would consider reusing are for Steinway's teflon parts.  Other than that, I would think that it is neither feasible nor advisable.

Alan Eder