Professional Hammer 4 Sale

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Fri Aug 22 16:02:10 MDT 2008

Thought I'd give my PTG friends first crack before I hit eBay (where they list "professional" tuning hammers that look like they came in Cracker Jack boxes) ...

I have a Jahn walnut, ball-end extension hammer for sale.

I am selling it with these extras: A 5 degree head and a 15 degree head, standard #2 and #3 tips, long #2 tip (40 mm), and a very long, as in "over those treble struts", 2 3/4" #3 tip.

You can tell I've made some money with this hammer, but the overall condition is very good. The Jahn uses long cylindrically-threaded tips and heads so the the connections are very secure and don't have the tendency to cross-thread that tapering threads have. Also the heads are reversible, to give shorter or longer distance from the pins and a corresponding longer/shorter hammer length. This is a solid, quite rigid, heavy-duty professional hammer that will last a lifetime and is a bargain, methinks, at $250 for the whole shootin' match. Let's add $10 for shipping & mishandling.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO