Sizing centers with alcohol & water

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Aug 25 18:13:51 MDT 2008

I use the cheapest  rot-gut vodka at about $6.00 a quart. I used to buy Methanol from the druggist and mix with water but about 25 years ago it became unavailable in small bottles.
The vodka is essentially alcohol and water , is cheap ,clear, ordorless and shrinks the bushings.
Just don't leave the bottle on your workbench when a client visits the shop---DAMHIK ! You'll have some "splainin " to do !
Tom Driscoll
    ...I use denatured alcohol. Don't know why. Someone probably told me that was better. Anyway, I have a gallon in my shop, so that's what I use.
  Terry,

  I use denatured because it's
  1) cheap
  2) readily available
  3) a know quantity

  Everclear works, but is unnecessarily expensive. Methanol works but is unnecessarily poisonous. Rubbing alcohol has perfumes and who knows what else in it, as well as varying large amounts of water. Denatured is ju-u-u-ust right.

  Bob Davis