[CAUT] hammer thickness trimming jig

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Mon Aug 25 18:34:15 MDT 2008

Will,

With apologies and respect to Jon, I must agree.  I made one like this in a
pinch one time.  Never could understand how one could get any degree of
accurate thinning.  It worked for me in a way, but though my hammers looked
OK, it was VERY challenging to get any consistency.  More importantly, my
fingers were millimeters from the blade on many occasions trying to get as
much of an even taper as possible.  Unsafe at best.

William R. Monroe