Bridge repair ideas

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Mon Aug 25 18:51:46 MDT 2008

Hello again,
Time to show and tell - my first bridge shows the scars of inexperience I am well aware - however, I am attempting to make necessary repairs to the terminations that were damaged from carving.
The unison in the middle, front, left bridge pin - the veneer layer to the left of the pin - exactly where the string will lie - has been mangled.
One repair could be to remove bridge pins, drill hole, insert plug made of same cap material, redrill pin holes, recarve etc.
Would an alternative be to carefully square off the damaged area with razor or carving knife, epoxy on the same veneer and trim to match the termination line?
Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Gene