Bridge repair ideas

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Aug 26 05:00:53 MDT 2008

Hi Gene,

Looking good!

I think your last idea listed is where I'd start. I think that I would chisel a clean surface on your bridge cap (don't remove pin) right up to the pin, cut a small triangle of hard maple (mate it to the cap and leave the rest of it slightly oversize), work some unthickened West System epoxy into the two surfaces with sandpaper (West System two step bonding method), thicken a little epoxy with their High Density Adhesive Filler, slop a bit on the triangle and assemble until cured. Trim with chisel. I think your biggest concern will be to be sure to get a real good bond. The above repair should work well and you won't see it after trimming.

Send us an "after" picture!

Terry Farrell