[CAUT] hammer thickness trimming jig

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Mon Aug 25 19:26:48 MDT 2008

[CAUT] hammer thickness trimming jigWow Jon,

I'd hoped to provide  some constructive criticism.  Apparently I chose the wrong recipient.  I made my jig from photos you supplied and your guidance.  Thanks, BTW.

Rather presumptuous of you to pass judgment on my shop skills and/or craftsmanship without any basis.  I realize it is easier and takes less effort to dismiss those that disagree with you or suggest alternatives, than consider their opinions, but it doesn't further anything, least of all understanding or learning.  I'll try to refrain from commenting on your methods and craftsmanship which I'd guess you consider to be above criticism.

William R. Monroe

  Your jig wasn't right and your method was flawed. I've used this jig scores of times
  without incident. A poor craftsman blames his tools.
--

  Regards,

  Jon Page