water use in humidity control system

tuner at helmsmusic.net tuner at helmsmusic.net
Tue Aug 26 19:33:57 MDT 2008

Were either the full cover or the back cover added at the same time the
wattage was increased? That would explain it. Other than that, the only
thing I can think of is related to the humidistat cycling back & forth
between the humidifier & dehumidifier (at least, that is my understanding
of how the system works). Maybe it's this: since you have a higher wattage
dehumidifier, it doesn't stay on for as long a period before the stat
cycles back to the humidifier; and conversely, the humidifier also is on
for a shorter period, thereby using less water? Admittedly, this is a
total stab in the dark, but like I said, it's the only other thing I can
think of! This would be a good question for Roger Wheelock at Dampp-Chaser
 :)

--
Scott A. Helms, RPT
Helms Music Enterprises