destroying a new piano

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 27 09:43:12 MDT 2008

This is just outrageous.  The amount of energy necessary to produce these
products has got to be enormous.  Not to speak of the efforts of hundreds
of people who make them, putting their hearts into their work.  There are
commercials for an insurance company where they show vandals breaking
furniture just to show what could happen if you don't have insurance.  Or
back in the '60s when rock groups would smash their guitars.  It is simply
arrogance and it bothers me greatly.
I was thinking that the piano somehow had a defect so it was being smashed.
Why not send them to Cuba?
I guess with all the government red tape, taxes, business laws, etc.
there's not much that could be done.  I just can't imagine it helps their
bottom line to smash their own stuff.
What a world we live in.
Paul McCloud
inSane Diego