key bushing resuscitation

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 11:23:05 MDT 2008

List,

For the last couple of years, we have steamed key bushings that were loose, but not worn out, for a

closer fit.  More recently, we tried Pianotech's sizing solution in tandem with Spurlock cauls.  This has

worked fairly well on some keyboards but, for whatever reason, by itself, was virtually ineffective on the

Yamaha C7E we are currently reconditioning and regulating.  So we tried steaming first, THEN applying

the sizing solution and cauls.  It worked!  (YMMV.)

Alan Eder