Tuning Service/Dampp-Chaser Service

Mark Purney mark.purney at mesapiano.com
Thu Aug 28 09:42:28 MDT 2008

Dean,
This makes sense, because when water evaporates, it does not take any
salt with it. Just like calcium, the salt stays behind as pad or tank
residue. You would have to spray the salt water on the strings for it to
cause string corrosion.

It's just like my salt water pool: Water is constantly evaporating and
being replaced by the float valve, but I never have to add salt, except
for when the pool is drained and filled with new water. The pool is
drained every 2-3 years because all the water being added to counter
evaporation adds calcium and other minerals, which build up to a level
that begins causing problems. Where I live, the calcium content in the
water is very high.