Lifting upright piano

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 11:17:50 MDT 2008

Maybe this piano lifter could help:

http://www.meyne-klaviertechnik.de/start.php?go=10details&id=930&code=3&zustand=4&site=2

Gregor

From: jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Lifting upright piano
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:53:28 -0700

I frequently move  console, spinet and studio
upright pianos and I have trouble lifting one end of the piano up the first
10 or 12 inches.  Once I get it up where I can regain my purchase, I can
easily lift it up the rest of the way to where the dolly will fit under the
middle of the piano.  Do any of you know of any type of lever system that
would lift the piano that first amount?  It needs to be portable and easy
to use.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jim Johnson