A new scenario for me

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Aug 29 14:06:39 MDT 2008

>Obviously, I need to remove the old strings so the right
>scale can be made, but is there any danger of keeping the
>rest of the piano at pitch while I'm waiting for the return
>of these strings?

You could leave the tension on but it would be better to make a pattern
and supply the end measurements with a note stating that the pattern
was taken over the dampers.

The pattern will give the configuration of the hitch and bridge pins with
the curvature of the agraffes.  The end speaking length measurements
will establish the correct speaking length proportions of the pattern
on the bench accounting for the pattern bulging over the dampers.
--

Regards,

Jon Page