Phasing/fazing

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sat Aug 30 17:09:52 MDT 2008

Hi Steve, When strings are not level with the striking hammer they will ring out of phase.
One string starting earlier than another as it is hit first and then the others following.
The phase is the vibration of the string. Matching the strings through leveling the strings and then
mating the hammer eliminates myriads of voicing problems and at the same time strengthens the fundimental of the tone and adds sustain.
#320 on my site
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com