Pinblock Drilling Rig

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sun Aug 31 07:07:43 MDT 2008

Hello List,

I wanted to share my success with the community.  I tried this before but my
photos were too big (sorry Admin).  So I'll try it again and apologize in
advance for any double post.

Just recently on list we had the Ronometer moisture meter.  Well, let me now
re-introduce the Ronocraft Hovering Pinblock Drilling Rig.  I built my Rig
with rather explicit instruction from the designer (he still answers email,
even with all his fame)!  I made only minor dimensional changes based upon
need and materials on hand.  My Rig is entirely of Baltic Birch ply (and
associated hardware).  Add some Snap-Loc vacuum hose for clearing the chips
(works perfectly) and finally add compressed air to float the rig from
hole-to-hole.  Beautiful!

My Rig just completed it's maiden voyage, and after a fairly steep learning
curve and communications with the designer, it's better than (his words)
chocolate and cashews.

My endless thanks to Ron Nossaman for selflessly sharing ideas and
information, without which I doubt I ever would have done this.  Thanks,
thanks, thanks.

William R. Monroe