Pinblock drilling rig

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sun Aug 31 13:09:49 MDT 2008

Hi Fred,

To add to what Ron said, there are no channels for air.  With this rig,
there is no problem getting enough float to move the rig easily.  The bigger
problem is getting too much float.  The trick is finding the pressure that
floats the device smoothly, but with enough friction to allow you to control
the positioning of the rig.  As the bit begins to get close to your center
punched hole in the pinblock, you don't want the rig acting like a greased
pig.  Once you get the hang of it (about 1/3 or less of a block) it's pretty
slick......

William R. Monroe

I don't know, Ron, It's starting to look like you should patent the
Ronocraft........   ;-]