Wurlitzer action brackets

Rex Roseman rosemanpiano at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 16:45:27 MDT 2008

Dear list

A Wurlitzer Grand, G-452 #2052563 has come into my shop and I am having
problems finding information about this piano. None of the books that I have
list this model or serial number and searching the web got me no where. If
anyone can identify the age of the piano so that I can identify were it was
produced I would appreciate that information.

The reason I need this information is that the action brackets are made out
of some type of pot mettle, and are cracking and breaking at every point
that a hole as been drilled and/or tapped for a screw. If replacement parts
are available this piano will need them. With all the changes at Baldwin in
recent years, there most likely is not much hope for that.

There were also some postings about building new brackets for "antique"
pianos that I will search for ideas if the brackets need to be reproduced.
If anyone would like to respond to this on the list, I am thinking that this
may be the way I will have to go.

Because of the type of metal used, repair is not an option; they would just
fall apart at another stress point.

Thanks.

Rex Roseman

Roseman Piano Tuning