[pianotech] Glassing the block (was Scary Experience)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Dec 8 06:36:39 PST 2008

> Ron-
> Can you please elaborate on this?
> Ed S.
>

>> At what stage are you guys doing this? My epoxy goes on when the plate
>> is put in for the last time and all the screws are installed.
>>
>> Ron N

Just that. The block is fitted and temporarily screwed to the
plate with four or five screws, located and glued in the
piano, and the plate is pulled for doweling the block ends.
When I put the plate in for the FINAL time, I glass the block,
install the plate, and all of the screws. I don't separate the
plate from the block after glassing. The plate only goes out
and back of the piano twice total, if I sequence things right.
Out at tear down, in to locate the block and bridges, out for
doweling the block and installing the board, and in with epoxy
to finish.

Ron N