[pianotech] Verituner Help...

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 21:59:00 PST 2008

It is highly unlikely that a one-pass "tuning", raising pitch 90-120 cents
will ever turn out well.  It would probably never be up to RPT standards.
 This is not to say that it might not ever happen ... "ever" is a long time.
 But pianos just do not normally react this way.

Duaine, may I respectfully say that you have disqualified yourself from
judging what should be on the RPT exam?  If you "absolutely can't understand
the checks and
which one is faster/slower 3rds/4ths and all of that," then you really are
not qualified to judge what constitutes a good tuning.

I'd have kept silent if you'd merely stated that you can tune better with a
machine than by ear.  But you have made some statements that just ain't so.

--
JF