[pianotech] treble tuning muse II

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Fri Dec 19 04:34:12 PST 2008

Well, like I say, tuning is part arithmetic and part flower-arranging....

David.

"sometimes it seems there's a "sweet spot" where the tone just
sings, even though it may be a little sharp or a little flat of the "correct"
place for that note.  Or sometimes a false beating note will clean up when
moved slightly from the "correct" spot.

Well, I've been putting those notes where I think the sing the clearest, so
long as they're not terribly out of place.  Anybody else do this?  Have
thoughts on this?"