[pianotech] Tuning contest proposal

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 03:11:54 PST 2008

Duane,You should get the facts instead of writing whatever you wish just to prove you're right. The tuning test IS NOT limited to aural tuning.This test has been well thought of by members, discussed, voted on and accepted. There were many many hours of volonteer work given to the organization to make this test what it is now. It used to be that you could not use an ETD for the test. You can now. There is still however a part of the test that has to be done aurally. It's just requires the minimum basic knowledge of what temperament and octaves and unisons should be like.Maybe it's time you grow up. Instead of trowing rocks at people that used their brains to learn and practice the minimum aural skills they had to to pass the test, pretending you don't need to know more, that you're good, just shut up!This tuning contest that you think you thought of was done many times before. And what if we did it, how could you even judge the results? You don't want to know how. If you spent only half the time you took ranting againts the actual test just to try learning, you might be already a better tuner.It's so easy to try to bring yourself up by putting down others, but in the process you won't learn a thing. Forget about your little ego and just do the work.If all you want is being right, so be it, but it might not the best way to make friends in an association. You are well allowed to have your opinion and I respect that, but don't try to preach us that YOU'RE the only one right.  Please don't bring this to the level you tried with Linux on this list before. I don't want to open this thing again, but I still remember your attitude against Microsoft on this list.Sorry I had to bring this up, Have good holidays and enjoy your family and friends. I hope you'll get around and try the test. You will learn so much.Best of luck,Marcel Carey> From: dahechler at charter.net> To: pianotech at ptg.org> Subject: Re: [pianotech] Tuning contest proposal> > BUT, the RPT tuning test is - limited - to aural tuning.> > EXPAND the test to include ETD tunings.