[pianotech] Calculating harmonics/ovrtones - Valotti scale

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 18:15:40 PST 2008

Julia writes:

<< In the long run, I am trying to calculate the frequencies of  the Valotti
temperament, as shown on Rollingball,  I just want to see  them, and then
play
with them.  I wonder why Rollingball charts give  m3, M3, & P5's but NO P4ths
to  tune by. P4ths are my buddies, they whisper in my ear if its going right
or  wrong.  >>

         If you are tuning a Valotti temperament, some of them 4ths are gonna
be shouting and some of them are going to be mute.  A and Eb M3's will be
pretty close to ET, but the rest of the buddies are going to be aliens...

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>One site keeps you connected to all your
email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)</HTML>