[pianotech] but will it split

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Dec 24 10:55:09 PST 2008

Hi Tom
? Another note.....Every back action kit we replace we now install small Capstans in the damper tray to do that final tweaking you were referring to. The Renner or Tokiwa top flange barrels/parts make it simple to get the key & tray lift very close. Then the?final tweaking for precise tray lift?involves tweaking the capstans which perhaps takes maybe 10 minutes & the result is a perfect lift which is easily tweaked at a moments notice.
? The Capstans we use come from www.Pianosfortesupply. Jurgen gets them from Germany. very nice. The hex head easy to drive in/install/adjust.
? Dale