[pianotech] Little Cloth "Mutes"

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sat Dec 27 09:04:54 PST 2008

Hi Ron(s),

To revive this a bit, I'm curious, Ron N. how you decided upon location of
your replacement for the duplex.  Did you just move it to the front of the
webbing area of the plate, or were you trying to achieve a certain length of
"duplex" segment?

Ron O,
(http://users.tpg.com.au/ronovers/st62frntdplx.jpg)
what exactly was the change you made aside from materials used for the
duplex?  Was the change made independent of the new treble bridge location?
Shorter duplex segments?  Different graduation of duplex length of the
strings in each duplex segment?

Thanks for sharing, guys.
William R. Monroe