[pianotech] Question of Protocol; was: but will it split

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Sat Dec 27 10:59:28 PST 2008

Dude. You shoulda paused a bit before hitting the send button on this
one. If you're looking for negativity in people I guarantee you'll
find it.
If you think you operate in a "throat-cutting" environment with pianos
and piano technicians, perhaps it would be useful to take a look at
what kind of internal atmosphere you bring to the community. When I
look around me, in Los Angeles, a place that's traditionally perceived
as the sociopathic weasel capital of the universe, I see both
musicians and piano technicians that are overwhelmingly good, honest,
thoughtful, giving, smart, funny, complex people. My people. I also
see the aforementioned weasels, but I don't have anything to do with
them. At all. If I was a country, it would be a capital crime in my
country to not treat others as you would like to be treated. Despite
sounding cheesy and New Age-y, you DO attract people who live in the
same kind of internal, moment-to-moment atmosphere you do. You need a
friend to talk you down off the ledge, brother.
DA