[pianotech] Satisfied but persistent customer question

Andrew Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 28 13:52:52 PST 2008

I attended a class a few years back where the designer demonstrated
them.

On plain wire they are set on only two of the unisons.  They couple
those strings so that if they are within shouting distance of each
other, they will ring in unison.  One string is left open to maintain
the higher frequencies that make for full tonal spectrum.  Wild bass
strings can be tamed also with the corresponding reduction of high
frequency noise, which on some pianos is very beneficial.  Squealing
duplexes can also be tamed and tuned to a desirable interval.

I haven't bought the kit yet but have plenty of candidates...

Andrew Anderson