[pianotech] Restringing Books

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 20:28:49 PST 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at att.net>wrote:

>   I may have the possibility to practice restringing a grand (Ivers &
> Ponds).  Before I begin, I would like the opportunity to read every source
> book I can on the subject.  I know I can get a book on restringing from the
> PTG home office.  Are there any other books and reference materials out
> there on the subject that you would recommend?
>
> Thank you,
>
> ***TODD PIANO WORKS*
> Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
> (979) 248-9578
>   http://www.toddpianoworks.com

I can't be of much help as far as reference materials other than what PTG
offers, I learned in class, we restrung a Steinway M and from my mentors and
others in my chapter.
I just finished an Ivers & Pond, a 1909 5', so if you do get into it let me
know, I do have some insight for you.

Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404