[pianotech] Funny Advice?

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Tue Dec 30 14:07:54 PST 2008

James,

That is not really true of the digital pianos I am familiar with.  They are
pure samples piano sounds, but of course they are tweaked for frequency
content and such.  No chorusing is added - they are recordings of a concert
grand with normal well tuned unisons.

The Kawai digital pianos have reverb turned on by default, but it can be
turned off.  Either way, they still play and sound like a digital piano.
Usable, but not very musically satisfying still.

Low-end electronic keyboards are another thing entirely - those have very
strange affects added to the "piano" sounds.  Maybe that's what you were
referring to.

Don Mannino