Do you dry the ribs, along with the board, prior to gluing ?

Prof. Euphonious Thump lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 10:55:26 MST 2008

     Actually, Ric, you're one of MY "favorite
characters" ( but don't read too much into that !!! )
too !
    One thing that amazes me though, frankly, is the
assumption some list members seem to have that
customers, everywhere, are willing to invest in new
boards and bridges.
     NOT SO !!!
     I live in a  town where most people feel
"generous" if they spring $75 on having their piano
tuned every five years, or so.......
 NEW BOARDS ????  Ha !
      And, as I said, I still believe old wood has
some benefits !  Cut me two pieces of soundboard, of
same dimension, and let me hold them in my hand,
blindfold, and rap on them with my knuckle. I'm quite
certain I'd be able to tell the old wood, from the
new, instantly.
 ( It'd have  a more "vivid" resonance, whereas the
new wood would be quieter, and more airy" sounding.  )

Peace,
 Thump

P.S. Thanks for all the useful info! On this one, I'll
shim the cracks as per Bullock's recrrowning system,
and check for bearing, but then add laminates if it
seems wise.